Malmö Art Academy (KHM) has an agreement with KKV Monumental which provides MFA2 students with access to KKV Monumental’s workshops as necessary. The access is based on your mastery of the relevant technology and the equipment available at KKV Monumental, for which the academy signs off and takes responsibility. KKV Monumental can offer training by agreement with KHM. You are insured through KHM.
Before you can start working at KKV Monumental, you must obtain approval from both KHM and KKV. Technicians Ariel Alaniz or Mathias Kristersson at KHM must certify that you have mastered the relevant technology and the equipment available. The daily cost for work at KKV Monumental is paid for by KHM according to contracted prices. You pay a deposit of SEK 700 and sign for the keys, which are your personal responsibility.
Students at KHM also have the opportunity to work at KKV Grafik, which is a fully equipped workshop for graphic printing methods. Members are expected to be able to work independently in the collective workshop. Support and teaching can be offered by agreement between KKV Grafik and KHM. Contact technicians Ariel Alaniz or Mathias Kristersson if you are curious about KKV Grafik. Work takes place during daytime or by agreement. The printing tables must be booked in advance. KKV Grafik makes basic material available by continuous invoicing to KHM, while specialist material is paid for/brought in by you. Boxes for personal material/protective clothing are available for use during ongoing projects. Codes that are provided to access the building are not to be passed on to third parties. You are insured through KHM.
Read more about our workshops here.
NOTE: Project studios and photo studios should be restored and cleaned after use!
No smoking anywhere in the academy buildings.
- No furred animals are allowed on the premises (due to allergies.
- No eating or drinking by the computers or in the library.
- Parties are not allowed in the premises of Malmö Art Academy unless they are authorised by the management.
- No overnight stay is allowed at the academy. The fire brigade does not expect there to be people sleeping in the building and they will not search the building in case of fire.
- Due to fire safety you are not allowed toblock emergency exits or store works or materials all over the building.
- We do not have access to any parking spots at Malmö Art Academy. If you need to leave material at Båghallarna you can drive in and leave the material and then you need to park the car elsewhere.
School computers may not be used in an illegal manner