The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.


As a student at Lund University you are covered by personal injury insurance during your time at school. The insurance covers travel to and from school but does not cover incidents that occur outside of school. For more information, see

Therefore you must buy a supplementary householder´s insurance for e.g your accommodation, loss or damage to private property that you keep in your studio or at the school, loss or damage to property you borrow from the school (e.g. equipment and your studio), travels you make abroad on your own hand ie outside the university´s exchange agreement etc.

Private possessions and the equipment you borrow from Malmö Art Academy are not insured by Lund University/Malmö Art Academy. You are personally responsible for the equipment you borrow and thus liable to pay compensation in case of damage or loss. You are also personally responsible for the studio you are borrowing and thus liable to pay compensation in case of damage. Therefore, a strong recommendation for all students is to buy a householder´s insurance. There are many insurance companies to choose from and most offer student or youth discount. Check carefully what is covered by your particular insurance company! Read more about loans of equipment and rules concerning our premises here.